- In the wake of failures by the cryptocurrency lender Celsius and the crypto exchange FTX, MyChargeBack, a transaction-dispute service, warns users to beware of scams involving crypto-recovery promises.
- FIS Inc. intends to cut “thousands” of jobs, reported Bloomberg.com, in order to cut costs.
- Balance, a 2-year-old payments platform for business-to-business transactions, announced a $350-million credit facility from Viola Credit. The deal follows Balance’s $56-million Series B funding round.
- Sella Group, a banking group in Italy, has started issuing payment cards secured by biometric technology from Norway-based IDEX Biometrics ASA and IDEMIA, a French biometrics-technology company. IDEX specializes in authentication via fingerprint recognition.
- TD Bank said its credit card program agreement with Nordstrom Inc. has been extended. TD Bank issues Visa Inc. cobranded and private label consumer credit cards. TD Bank did not say how long the agreement was extended. It acquired the Nordstrom portfolio in 2015.
- Bold Commerce, a checkout-technology provider for omnichannel merchants, appointed Peter Karpas chief executive. Karpas formerly worked for PayPal, Intuit, and First Data (now part of Fiserv Inc.).
The surge in online shopping touched off by the pandemic has turned out to be …
Credit: Source link